Gallery of the Association “Society of Plovdiv Artists”
During the Easter Holidays, in 1911, an exhibition of the artists Grigor Savov, Simeon Velkov and Atanas Ovcharov is organised in Plovdiv. It becomes a success and this encourages Grigor Savov to invite all the South Bulgarian Artists to participate in an exhibition in 1912. This first curator pronounces the idea of an Artists Union with centre Plovdiv.
The Union of Plovdiv Artists, re-established after the changes in 1990, is a Not for Profit Organization with an ideal purpose. One of its goals is to make popular its members artwork. This Union accepts the legacy of the Group of Plovdiv Artists in the Union of Bulgarian Artists and now has about 400 members from the Plovdiv region, working in the fields of different visual arts – Painting, Graphics, Sculpture, Applied Arts, Non-conventional Art, Curators Projects and Art History.
Plovdiv Artists Union is the biggest in the region and the biggest in Bulgaria, outside of the capital. Its multiple activities include group and solo exhibitions, visiting exhibitions, constant communication with similar organizations in Bulgaria and abroad. It welcomes partnership with artists, curators, galleries, museums and other art organizations or individuals, working in the Art field.