Art Gallery Stanislav Dospevski - Pazardzhik
The Art Gallery “Stanislav Dospevski” in town of Pazardjik was established in 1966. It was named after the great Revival artist ang society leader Stanislav Dospevski /1823-1878/, who worked in the sphere of the portrait. The nowday building, in which the gallery was displayed was opened in 1980. The total area is over 800 square meters. The fund of the gallery consists of over 10000 works. The exposition presents The Bulgarian fine art from the end of the 19th sentury till now. It holds 731 works from 204 authors, and was displayed in 5 halls. The exposition was built on the base of the genre, thematik and authors collection, showing the typicality of the different periods. It presents the whole area of genres /portrait, landscape and composition/, as well as the different tendencies in the Bulgarian fine art: Revival realism, romanticism, academism, realism, symvolism, impressionism, expressionism, socialistic realism, abstractionism, and so on.